Monday, December 14, 2015

Nibblefest Artist Interview: Roopa Dudley

Nibblefest Artist Interview: Roopa Dudley


Artist Roopa Dudley

How long have you been creating art (and/or) selling it online? 

I have been creating art since I was in Kindergarten. I started selling in 2011 as a Chess Painter.


How did you first hear about Nibblefest and when did you first start Nibblefesting? 
I learned about Nibblefest accidentally when I stumbled upon Art Of Patience – Artist’s Page of Patience. Then I looked over at the rules and decided to join in.



Art by Roopa Dudley

What do you enjoy about Nibblefest? 

I enjoy the whimsical themes that Nibblefest lets us participate in. It really gets my creative juices flowing and I feel a sense of accomplishment by being able to produce small paintings that usually end up being sold. I have met an art collector who now is a dear friend of mine just by competing every now and then on Nibblefest. I really like the concept behind this. Although, I would prefer it more if they raise the minimum bid to $4.99.

 Art by Roopa Dudley


Who are your Favorite artistic influences?

I am heavily influenced by the art of M.C Escher, Paul Gauguin, Giorgio de Chirico, Marc Chagall, Frieda Kahlo, Tamara De Lempicka, Edward Hopper and Rene Magritte.


Art by Roopa Dudley



Tell us something interesting about you that many people online don't already know.

I am Sapiosexual.


What is your favorite Nibblefest ever sold?

Epicurean Vortex a small 6”x 6” painting is my favorite to date that I have sold. It was my first outer space painting as well and I bejeweled it so basically my first mixed media painting too.



Art by Roopa Dudley



What would be your Nibblefest dream theme? 

  I like the versatility that Nibblefest offers when it comes to themes. I would say Enchanted Forest and Robots would be my dream theme.

Art by Roopa Dudley


What do you do to drive traffic to your Nibblefest auction(s)?

 I post it on all my social media. Twitter, Facebook Page, Personal Facebook Profile, Google+ and LinkedIn. 

 Art by Roopa Dudley


What are you working on right now? (Side projects? Wip?)

  I have two incomplete Four Seasons painting that I am looking forward to finishing and have been slacking off on those.
Another one is “Crypto-Knight’s Trophy”. This is my most graphic painting to date.



Where can people find your work?

 My work is available on my website: RoopaDudley.com





Art by Roopa Dudley








No comments:

Post a Comment